The Secret to Making an Old House Look (and Feel) Young
There are many practical reasons for home painting every few years. Providing that first layer of protection for the home is often the main motivation for homeowners when it comes to getting their house paint updated every 3-5 years. But who says you have to wait that long if you just want to add a little bit of flair to your home? One of the best ways to drastically change the look of your home is to not paint the entire home, but update your home's accents with new colors.
Rather than waiting for house painting until your home is in desperate need, try painting some of its accenting design features to provide a feeling of freshness to an otherwise stagnate home. Get creative and test out how different front door colors would look in place of the one you have now. Giving your front door a bold blast of color makes a statement that will be the first thing people see when arriving to your abode. Changing your front door to a new color that complements your home's exterior color is a great way to cheaply give your home a new look and quickly adds curb appeal.
If you are looking for more ways to spruce up your home's aesthetic and market value with some mini projects and exterior painting¸ consider these small tasks that can go a long way:
• Replace or repaint your home's address numbers.
• Give the mailbox its own exterior painting project.
• Install outdoor lighting along the path to your front door.
• Add an instant garden with a collection of flora in containers of your choice.
• Consider adding shutters to your exterior, if you already have shutters, try painting them a bright, bold color that complements your home's exterior paint (maybe match it with your new front door?).
• Include some outdoor art in your yard; a wind chime, fountain or water sculpture is perfect.
• Replace or repaint gutters and downspouts.
• While not a small task, rebuilding your walkway can do wonders for adding a new feeling to your home.
• Repaint your railings a different color to match or complement your new front door color.
Making your old home feel new again doesn't have to be a wallet draining process that leaves you feeling robbed; performing small tasks like painting your home's exterior accents is a great way to cheaply update your home.
Source: College Pro Painters