For Your Client: 7 Reasons to Use a Real Estate Agent
With millions of homes across the country being sold each year, and the increasing number of foreclosures and short sales, the process of selling your home has become more complex than ever before.
"Seller disclosure statements, lengthy and tedious forms, and the emergence of buyer-brokers have made the process one that is difficult to navigate. You'll benefit from the services of a real estate agent with experience in many aspects of real estate transactions," says Brett Furman, a broker and owner in St. Davids, Pennsylvania.
Some of the distinct advantages of enlisting the services of a real estate agent include:
1. Marketing: An agent will showcase your property to other agents and public as well as through Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and online tools.
2. Security: When you work with an agent, you don't have to worry about letting strangers into your home.
3. Negotiations: An agent can help you evaluate offers and guide you through appraisals, inspections and financing issues.
4. Closing Process: An agent can help with issues surrounding the sales agreement and closing process.
5. Technology: Armed with a host of technological tools, such as Web sites and a video of the home's features, an agent can help you sell your home quicker.
6. Online Home Evaluation: An agent can keep you updated on new home listings, homes under contract as well as homes that have sold or not sold.
7. Virtual Tour: An agent can provide unlimited photos of your home and a virtual tour video to be featured on prominent Web sites.
"There are certainly a lot of facets that go into properly selling one's home. It is important for a credible agent to be involved to make sure all of these services occur," adds Furman.
For more information on keeping your home well-maintained and other useful tips for selling your home, visit www.homesellerhandbook.com.