Have Your Home Tested for Radon
January is National Radon Action Month. More dangerous than carbon monoxide, radon is an invisible, odorless, natural gas that can cause health issues if exposed to high dosages. In fact, The American Lung Association, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Cancer Institute are in agreement that radon can cause lung cancer.
Radon gas is not isolated to certain geographical areas or home types, and homeowners are unable to see, smell or taste it. The only way to determine radon levels is to have your home tested, either with an inexpensive home test kit or with the help of a certified professional.
If radon is present in your home, contact an air quality professional to clear your home, and conduct tests annually to ensure radon does not enter your home in the future.
Source: SWAT Environmental